Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One in a million.

So my doctor was so surprised at how neglected I was in Korea. I thought my first pregnancy was bad but this one. I seriously only was seen once by a doctor for a prenatal when I first found out I was pregnant. So one thing of blood work. I peed in a cup to get a positive pregnancy test and that's it. I pee in a cup everytime now and the good thing is they can catch an infection right away. So with my first they never did that and I had an infection for 3 weeks or maybe longer but that led to preterm eventually. So this time we caught it right away and he said I have a bladder infection definately but possibly a kidney stone and began to tell me the treatment for kidney stones during pregnancy. Then I said I already passed two with this pregnancy. He says Im glad I make your appointments an hour long. I continue to amaze him. Lol. He ask how I was treated I told him I wasn't I passed them with some help from my favorite barley tea lol. And then I say I had two with my son as well and they gave me an IV and sent me home and didn't tell me I had an infection until 3 weeks later tested me again and I was fine. He says and these were army doctors?! Lol. I told him I wish I could have gone to the korean doctors and he said they have amazing medicine treatments for stuff like that. WHO would have known that! So I have to take antibiotics which I'm not fond of since we combatted thrush for 10 months. So I'll do everything I can so I don't get it this time and we should be fine :) I'm glad I have a doctor that prevents things! Of course that is his job as a high risk doctor with a fancy name. So I'm 32 weeks and haven't had any contractions this week. Doing good so far! Thank god Im in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment