Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On a Jet Plane

September 26th I was 36 weeks, Matt was on his way to Boise to be with me and the Army was on our back to have the baby. ARE YOU CRAZY! 36 weeks is still a preemie. Now I know why so many woman get inductions the pressure is crazy how they drill into your brains. My husband only had 4 days to spend with me due to the fact that he's in the Army and they weren't allowing him to come be with me even though our son could possibly end up in the NICU. I really didn't think they understood the circumstances. Anywho on this day I booked the wrong flight for the wrong day. I booked it on accident for the default day instead of the day I wanted. So when Matt arrived at the Fayetteville tiny dinky airport to fly out at 4AM his flight didn't exist. He only had 4 days of leave and I managed to screw up a whole day. Luckily they rebooked it and he flew out at 7pm would arrive in Boise at 11pm. I was having regular contractions so I thought maybe this would be the day even though I didn't want it to be and I wanted my husband with me. He was like life support during labor with my first and I didn't think I could do it without him. At around 7 I told my mom I think we need to go in just to see what's going on. I have appointments with my doctor every Tuesday but I felt like something weird was going on and consistent kidney pain and I even took a bath to see if they would calm down. I didn't think they were contractions at all in fact I didn't even think I was in labor just felt pressure but no biggy, I was feeling that everyday and I was getting further along to be expected.  My kidney's were killing me though and I just wanted them checked out. We went and stopped by to pick my brother up on the way to St. Luke's in Boise. I told Matt I was going in to see what they had to say and I would keep in touch. I went in and got all checked out. They got me all checked in and didn't even have me in the system yet. Apparently my records hadn't been forwarded.  I got checked into the triage of the Labor and Delivery Department and my mom and brother and Desmund had fun in the waiting room. I got my gown on and laid on my back the worst position ever to be in if you are having contractions. It closes the pelvic back up so being on bedrest this was the worst possible position anyway. They hooked me up to the contractions monitor and I had to do a UA.  The pain increased of course and the nurse came in and checked and asked where it was hurting I said just my kidney's are killing me and she told me watch the screen and said well those are contractions honey! They called my doctor and understood my situation and didn't want to break my water or anything they did a light pelvic exam which was alright because my water hadn't broken yet and the baby was like right there so she didn't have to do much. I was only a 2 with 80% effaced and at a Station +2 for sure now and staying there. The doctor said I had two choices I could have this baby within 24 hours or so or I could take the pill he gave me to stop the contractions and wait some more. I said take the pill my husband isn't going to be here for another hour! Seeing that I have babies really fast and hour may seem like a short amount of time for you 30+hour laborer but with my first I had him in 2 hours flat! So an hour was not enough time for husband to come. So the doctor said go eat lots of food get some rest and take the pill and don't touch your husband! Haha! He knew I hadn't seen him in about 2 months at this point and had been on bedrest for 5 months now. So me, mom and my brother Josh went to the pink drive in, the famous West Side. I had never eaten there except at the fair which I missed so we were going to eat lots of food like the doctor said and go to bed! I ordered everything I could think of. They have a pretty fancy menu for being a drive in. I finally got my Idaho Potato Ice Cream Spud, a scotch and soda extra large a spicy burger since I had a back up pill I could finally eat spicy food! And some Potato wedges with blue cheese and buffalo sauce! By the time we got home Matt was on a plane to come see me. I told him everything was fine and I'd see him soon and could possibly have the baby anytime so to chill out and don't worry about the Army! But we were going to try to keep him in until Saturday! Once the baby was born we could always get a Doctor's note to stay longer. 37 weeks was OUR goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment