Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Stay




 The Stay I was pretty pissed like the entire time about the stay at the hospital-

I didn't want to get in the wheelchair to go upstairs but they said it was hospital procedure which was a load of crap. So me and baby in the wheelchair and Matt and the nurse went upstairs to our tiny suite OH and DON'T forget the PLACENTA!! (Matt was grossed out but later figured out how amazing the pills were!) We went up to the 8th floor it had a fold out chair for my 6 foot husband who had also been working his butt off and was exhausted. Don't they know the insurance pays for everything they could at least get a futon or something! I was amazed at the menu it was pretty good and restaurant quality. I didn't like my stay there for the most part or the triage. They kept telling me to sleep yet they kept interrupting me and waking me up for vitals. I find vitals unnecessary if you were perfectly healthy the last 50x they checked you. And everytime I tried to nurse the baby they wanted to check his vitals and make him scream. It's like they really didn't get the part about the only things babies need is breastmilk and establishing that is kind of difficult. They didn't even ask they just barge in and say how are you doing while sneaking in a vitals check on the baby. You would also think they would know that babies shouldn't scream it stresses them out and they don't eat alot! Yah know since it's there SPECIALTY. I also did not appreciate them changing diapers magically I don't think I changed one diaper until right before we checked out. They would do it while I was going pee because they won't let you go pee alone like an old person. I hate how they treat you like your handicapped. Also they tried 3x to do the hearing test on him and they said it wasn't going to hurt him or stress him out yet they couldn't do it because he kepts waking up screaming so then they would put him back to sleep by swaddling him and letting him suck on there gloved finger INSTEAD of yes BREASTFEEDING. It's like seriously are you retarded. I was sitting on my ass in my room waiting to feed the baby! I went with them the first time and then the second time my lunch came and so I let them take him with them. I went looking for him and he was in the nursery "they had just finished" like they always say and guess what there is like 20 babies in the nursery with the white lights above there heads blinding them and they are all magically asleep yet with the blinding lights on. I really don't think these people observe what is wrong with this situation. The baby just came out of a nice comfy warm dark cave. Oh those are heat lamps the nurse said um no they are not those are fluorescent the heat lamp is the one that baby is under. DUH. So in the morning I had to get ahold of someone to come get the placenta before they tossed it out and it become bad. So I bribed everyone with you can get to come see the baby before visiting hours! But no such luck my Grandparents came and did it though than god they god to see there precious great grandbaby boy and they were the first to come and bring flowers! No matter what they love me even though I'm weird. It was so nice to have someone come visit in Korea we only had one visitors and that was nice but it was so much nicer having all the family come and see the baby the more the better! We hung out in the room and chatted and it was fun and not stressful like the first time in Korea. The day I checked out was the day I had the best nurse she asked if we would like to bath him and Matt really wanted to I really didn't want him bathed in formaldehyde but whatever the other babies survived, by formaldehyde I mean Johnson & Johnson, a good almost 24 hours was better than nothing anyway. I knew he was a preemie and wanted to keep that white coating on my fur baby to protect him like god intended but nobody seemed to understand that but me. I was disappointed we didn't know you could like decorate there stupid bassinet things with there names and colors some parents had them decked out. I was unaware since I hardly put him in that stupid thing and he was on my with no clothes doing kangaroo loves the whole time we were there! My mom came to introduce Desmund to the new brother he had and see how he reacted. I just wanted her to come right away to help with my engorged boobs! Instead of pumping to relieve pressure a toddler works just as well if not better. He came and I got him up there and nursed him good thing he still knew who I was and he gave me hugs and was quite interested in the thing I was holding but then just wanted to play with the bassinet and bang it into the door repetitively. My cousin and her daughter came, my mom, my friend Natasha and her daughter Alexis, my Aunt Shelly and my cousin Mia and my brother and our friend Wesley.  I was sad my brother didn't even ask to hold him and he wanted to the stinker. He didn't get a chance to before we left either. My dad didn't get to either because he was in the hospital himself after his accident. I stayed the next night since he was born at 4 am it was until the next day at 4am and they wanted a special doctor to see him about his clubbed foot or so they called it. Albreigh came out kind of bent to the left shall we say because I was on bed rest for 5 months only allowed to lay on my left side. He turned out perfectly though and his foot was going back to normal instead of going down like it should it was bent all the way up towards his leg but babies bones aren't solid yet so as long as we stretched it down and got it used to that he would be fine the doctor said. I spoke to the LC about Albreigh and he was getting my milk too fast and she said you already have your milk in. I told her well yes I'm tandem nursing. She was super cool and said well then nurse the toddler first so the newborn isn't choking it up but he will get used to it. What I had learned was you always nurse the newborn first to get the colostrum so they don't get jaundice but his levels were a 3 so she said it was fine. The Pediatrician had to clear us to go and Matt was there and she was so concerned that he didn't get his Vitamin K shot. Which I was thinking why the heck would he need one anyway he had like a ton of blood pumped into him unlike all the other babies so he's super fine. She was thinking he was getting circ'd which wasn't til a week later anyway. But she was pretty persistent and carrying and she just didn't understand why we wouldn't want our precious new baby shot up with all kinds of chemicals and stuff. URG. I was starting to experience some cramping like almost 24 hours later finally and asked when they were going to get me off the pitocin and she said the doc should be in soon. Then he broke the news about how much I had lost and let me in on a little clue on why I should take it easy and not fly TOMORROW. My husband yes wanted to fly us out the next day. There is a huge hole where the 6lb baby used to be and in order to go back to normal that hole needs to fill with blood and then it will close and go back to normal slowly so right now you have an empty cavity in your body. Creepy I had never thought of it like that before. They did there last check on Albreigh and me and we were good to go. He hadn't lost any weight the doctor said and was amazed, well duh we didn't clamp the cord! We got to leave finally around 11am and headed to my mom's house. All four of us finally took up the whole car. The kids were even asleep in the backseat. It was nice feeling of us being together, all of us in one location finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment